International Students Advising
Maintaining International Student Status
1. Report to NATI as listed on the SEVIS Form I-20 no later than 7 days after the program start date.
2. All F-1 and M-1 students requesting an authorized break must be enrolled full-time for three consecutive quarters (may include summer) at NATI
3. Full-time enrollment equals 18-22 clock hours a week.
4. F-1 and M-1 students may enroll in a maximum of one online course per quarter as applied towards full-time enrollment
5. F-1 students must report any changes of address information to NATI within ten days of the change. Students on training are required to report changes in employment to the Designated School Official (DSO) within ten days of the change.
6. F-1 and M-1 students must maintain a valid SEVIS Form I-20; including updating personal, educational and academic changes such as requests for program extension and/or changes of de-gree.
7. F-1 students whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0 for more than two consecutive terms will be required to apply for reinstatement if sufficient academic progress is not maintained in accordance with NAT’s Probation/Suspension policy.
8. F-1 and M-1 students whose SEVIS record has been terminated cannot further enroll in classes until they have applied and submitted all required documentation for reinstatement.
9. Students in F-1 status are not permitted to accept employment without proper work authorization. Additional information per-taining to work authorization may be obtained from the Student Services Office.
10. Students transferring their F-1 and M-1 status after completing a certificate or degree from one U.S. insti-tution to NATI must complete the admissions process within 60 days of program completion or expiration or training from their previous institution.
11. All transfer students must receive their NATI’s SEVIS Form I-20 no later than 15 days after the beginning of the quarter.
12. Students in F-1 and M-1 status that have completed their program and who have not applied for training or a different program are required by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to leave the United States within 60 days of their last date of attendance. Students wishing to participate in their commencement ceremony must receive
approval from SEVP to change their status to B-2 (Temporary Visitor) if their classes end more than two months prior to graduation.
13. F-1 and M-1 students are individually responsible for maintaining their F-1 status. NATI is required under SEVP regulations to report the enrollment activity of our F-1 and M-1
students. Students who fail to adhere to the above guidelines will be advised to apply for reinstatement and may be barred from enrollment until full compliance with SEVP
regulations is obtained. In addition, NATI urges all international students to enroll in one of the group health insurance plans spon-sored by NAFSA: Association of International
Educators. Both F and M students may contact SEVP by email at email@example.com if your DSO is unable to assist you or if you would prefer to ask someone else.